Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Ready for cabinet installation - fitting problem?

We're ready for the cabinet installation on Tuesday and my only concern is that one piece is too big to fit through the door and so, for the time being, it is stored in the garage.
It is the lower corner piece and it's smallest span is 38" while the front or side door is 32" wide. The sliding patio door at the back is only 28". I tried to see if I could take off the patio door (without breaking anything) but I could only get one door off.
Monarch's solution would be to cut off the kick boards and re-attach them once inside but I would like to avoid that if possible. I wonder why they never took the maximum door width into consideration while manufacturing it? Anyway, I'll talk to Marion when see arrives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW those people doing the kitchen. You should really keep a tighter leash on there progress. Then again they should have been taking precautions and done a better job in the first place.

Mark & Gran (well mostly Mark but gran feels the same way)

Goodnite